I just got notice that I was bringing the snack to our church home groups this week. I love baking so I hate bringing store bought goodies, but since becoming a mom (who also works 10 hours a day) I’m afraid to say that is usually what happens. But not this time! I need a recipe I can make the night before because on group nights, I have 60 minutes from the time I walk in the door with the kiddo until we are headed back out and that includes feeding my guys dinner.
About a month ago I used a recipe my mom had to make Caramel Apple Popcorn for the season premier of The Walking Dead. I know, a post that includes church and The Walking Dead. Don’t judge me! Anyhow…I had eaten if before and loved it so I was pleasantly surprise at how quick and easy it was to make. Quick? Check. Easy? Check.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet (or 2) with parchment paper, lightly spray with cooking spray and set aside
- Melt together the sugar, butter and corn syrup
- Stir in jello and bring to a boil for a couple of minutes while stirring frequently
- Pour jello/sugar mix and caramel dots into popcorn and toss gently. I do a little at a time to make sure I get is coated evenly
- Lay out on cookie sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes stirring a couple times.
- While the popcorn is baking layout waxpaper or foil.
- Remove from oven let cool for a minute or two and then lay out on the wax paper/foil.
- Break up any large clumps
That’s it! Quick and easy just the way I like it. The pictures totally don’t do it justice. Trust me… it’s really, really good. There are so many flavor combinations you can make will with jello. Have you tried any? What are your favorites?